These easy roast beef sliders are the perfect dish to add to your tailgating party or home buffet on any game day!
Watching any sport is a fun social experience, but the ultimate of course is the Super Bowl. Honestly, I don’t even care who is playing because I just look forward to the food! Whether it is a large gathering or just a couple of people, variety is key. Hot, cold, savory, and of course some sweet you can never have too many dishes.
Have you ever been tailgating or seen tailgating shows on tv? It is totally amazing! Some go all out with full on kitchens, smokers, grills etc… While I have never done that I do usually cook a few different dishes. Game Day Chili is a great thing to have on any game day. Spread out all the fixins so everyone can help themselves. And don’t forget your little ones. My Hot Dog Hand Pies are perfect for them and they will love to help make them!
This year on my menu is guacamole with spicy queso chips, garlic parmesan boneless wings, pepperoni calzones and of course the delicious roast beef sliders.
The Method of Roast Beef Sliders
Making roast beef sliders could not be any easier!
- sweet onions
- slider rolls
- provolone cheese
- roast beef
- horseradish sauce
- Lipton Onion Soup Mix
Try other variations of this dish:
Philly Cheesesteak– add green bell pepper to onions while cooking, use plain mayo instead or horseradish sauce.
Ham and Cheese– swap out the roast beef for ham, swiss instead of provolone, add mayo mixed with mustard instead of plain mayo. Brush on melted butter with mustard pwder, worcestershire and poppy seeds.
Hawaiian– ahhh for this one I would use Hawaiian rolls! Honey ham, swiss cheese, crushed pineapple and melt some butter with brown sugar to brush on top.
If you make this recipe and love it, I would love if you gave it 5 stars!
Roast Beef Sliders
The perfect warm cheesy hand held sammy for any game day!
- 2 Vidalia onions (thinly sliced)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt (pinch)
- fresh cracked pepper (pinch)
- 6 potato dinner rolls (slightly bigger than a slider)
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced rare roast beef
- 8 slices provolone
- deli horseradish sauce
- Lipton Onion Soup Mix (1 packet)
- 6 tablespoons butter (melted)
- Caramelize onions slowly in butter and oil. Season with salt and pepper. This should take about 35 minutes.
- Slice rolls in half horizontally keeping them intact. Place in the bottom of a shallow baking dish. layer on provolone then roast beef.
- Keeping the roll tops intact, give a teaspoon size squirt of horseradish sauce to the center of each roll and then spread so it is covered completely.
- place the onions on top of the roast beef and then carefully place the top rolls on.
- Mix your melted butter and soup mix and brush all over the outside of the buns.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 5-10 minutes.
This can be easily doubled.
If you don't have a baking dish, you can use a sheet pan.
Leave a Reply