My Pumpkin Smoothie is super healthy, has a delicious seasonal flavor and is packed full of nutrients. Whether you drink it for breakfast or for an after work-out recovery, this smoothie is one to keep in your recipe box for sure!
My Pumpkin Smoothie has some surprising ingredients. When I decided to come up with a recipe for a pumpkin smoothie, quite honestly I wasn’t sure what to blend together. Yes I had had the proverbial pumpkin spice coffee, which I hate to say, I am not really a huge fan of. So I started thinking about what I actually like that is pumpkin. My inspiration for this smoothie came from pumpkin pie and pumpkin bread with chocolate chips. I knew I needed something frozen to create that rich thick creamy texture. Ice would just make a watery smoothie so I decided to try bananas and it worked!
The Method of A Pumpkin Smoothie
Like any smoothie, it’s as easy as throwing everything into the blender and turning it on! That’s it!
- canned pure pumpkin
- 1 frozen banana
- plain Greek yogurt
- oat milk
1. Whole Trilogy Health Seeds- this is a blend of flax, chia and hemp seeds. They help support cardiovascular disease as well as other added health benefits.
2. Ashwagandha Powder- it’s an adaptogen that helps manage stress. as well as boost brain function, lower blood sugar and help fight anxiety and depression.
3. PB2- is a peanut butter in powder form so it has less fat.
4. MCT Oil- this is a good source of energy, can aid with weight loss as well as other possible benefits.
5. Green Superfood- this contains your daily dose of green!
6. Organic Cacao Powder- has antioxident flavinols, fiber, magnesium and vitamin c.
If you are not a fan of pumpkin, you can use any type of berry.
Swap out the oat milk for cow’s milk, coconut milk, almond milk, rice milk, cashew milk or almond milk!
Are you looking for another healthy breakfast dish? Try my Irish Oatmeal! it is not only healthy, but very filling.
If you make my Pumpkin Smoothie and love it, I would love for you to come back and give it 5 stars!
This healthy smoothie is full of nutrients and will keep you full for the morning!
- 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons pure canned pumpkin
- 1 banana (frozen)
- 1/2 cup oat milk (you can use whatever type of milk you prefer)
- 1 tablespoon Whole Trilogy Health Seeds
- 1 capsule Ashwagandha root powder (removed from the capsule)
- 1/2 scoop green superfood
- 1 teaspoon mct oil powder
- 1 teaspoon PB2 powder
- 1/2 teaspoon organic cacao powder
- ice cubes if you want it thicker
- Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until combined.
- Drink and enjoy!
Leave a Reply