This Chicken Curry Wreath is a fun, quick and inexpensive meal that easily adaptable to many different fillings and very family friendly!
Twenty some years ago, I went to my first Pampered Chef party. The hostess served a Turkey Cranberry Wreath and boy was it delicious! Lucky for me, we received a little cookbook that included the recipe. I played around with it changing up a few ingredients to my liking. Wouldn’t ya know, the deli meat I was using became obsolete so back to the drawing board I went.
My new recipe is even better and more inexpensive. All three of my kids love it so much, they took the recipe with them! In fact, my son is a pescatarian and altered it to suit himself which I will share later.
The Method of a Chicken Curry Wreath
- crescent rolls
- canned chicken
- curry powder
First mix your chicken, celery, mustard mayo, curry, cheddar and walnuts. No need for salt or pepper. There is tons of flavor in this dish!
Next, you need to roll out the crescent dough on a baking sheet forming a circle with the tips to the outside. The bottom of the triangles should be touching. Then take the second can of crescent rolls and line the bottoms up with the points facing inwards.
Start adding your filling to the area where the two sets of dough are touching. Fold the outside points in and the inside points out. Place in a 350 degree oven for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
I find using a round pizza pan is the easiest way to make this.
Making the wreath is fun, but you could put the filling inside individual rolls. That might be a great activity in the kitchen with your kids!
Be creative and change up the filling! Here are some ideads:
- My pescatarian son used can tuna instead of the chicken. Shrimp would be tasty too!
- Think Mexican and use a taco filling! (vegetarians can use impossible meat for this) Serve an elevated platter in the center with all the fixins!
- Hawaiian? Spam and pineapple! (yeh, not for me, but I thought I would throw that out!)
- Of course pizza: sauce, meat or veg and mozz cheese!
- Breakfast anyone? eggs with veg, cheese and hash browns. OR cream cheese with cinnamon sugar…mmm
The combinations are endless!
If you make this recipe and love it, I would love if you gave it 5 stars!
Chicken Curry Wreath
This Chicken Curry Wreath is easy, inexpensive and versatile to make!
- pizza pan or sheet pan
- medium sized mixing bowl
- 2 cans crescent rolls
- 2 cans chicken ((found near the canned tuna))
- 1/2 cup celery, small dice
- 1/4 cup onion, small dice
- 1 tbsp grainy or Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 1/2 cup cheddar, shredded
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
Add chicken and next 7 ingredients to a mixing bowl and combine.
Arrange first can of crescent rolls in a circle on pan. Points should be extending out and the wide ends slightly touching. Arrange the second can with the wide ends matching and the points will be facing inwards.
Place filling over the seam around the circle.
Lift alternating triangles over the filling and tuck under to create a "wreath"
Bake for 25 minutes or until golden.
This recipe can be altered to use any number of fillings:
- Mexican: make a taco filling using, chicken, beef or impossible meat
- Pescatarian: using canned tuna or shrimp
- Vegetarian: using veggies, nuts and seeds
- Pizza: sauce, meats, veggies and mozzarella
- Mediterranean: hummus, veggies, chicken
- Breakfast: eggs, veggies and/or meat, hash browns
I’ve tried this w/ tuna before but not chicken yet! Need to do this soon!!!!